Department of Library
The College has an
excellent Library functioning in the I.T. Block. It offers information services
to its Faculty members, Research Scholars and Students for their Academic requirements.
The Library is having a collection of more than 42,000 books apart from
journals, periodicals, research theses, reports and online resources enabling
the students’ quest to update their day-to-day knowledge. The Library is using
automated software developed in-house. Users can access information on their
desktops through web OPAC.
· Dr.(Tmt.) R.Kavitha, M.LIS, M.Phil.,Ph.D., Librarian
· Mrs. K. Lalitha B.Sc C.L.I.S., UG Library Assistant
· Mr. V. Sathish B.Com., M.LIS, UG Library Assistant
· Mrs. S. Jeyanthi B.A., M.LIS, PG Library Assistant
The Library provides following services to the users:
· Reference Service
· Document Delivery Service
· Current Awareness Service
· Inter Library loan Service
· Photocopy Service
· Installation of D space open source repository software.
· Membership with Madras University Library and American Library.
· International Journals for the Research Departments.
· Membership with INFLIBNET N-LIST books.
· Conducted National level Workshop for Staff Members, Librarians and Research Scholars.
· Giving orientation to the fresher’s Staff/Students to the easy access of our Library
· Giving Certificate to the Students as ‘Best user of the Library’ every year.
· Top 5 Users list is displayed in the Library Notice Board every month.
· Career Corner for the Students is also displayed in the Library Notice Board.
· Dhinam oru kural is also displayed.
· Remedial Coaching books, Entry in Service books are also available.
· New Hand held Barcode Scanners have been procured and installed.
· New Journals, Magazines and CD’s are added according to the needs of the users.
· We are also giving referral services.
· Internet Browsing.
· Archives of News paper cutting, projects and College Magazines
Library and Information Centre of SDNB Vaishnav College for Women has conducted One day Workshop on ‘New Vistas in Library Process’ on 19.9.2015. It was inaugurated by Dr. Elavazhagan, K. Librarian and Chief Knowledge Officer, IIM, Trichy. He explained elaborately with regard to the advanced technologies in the libraries. Dr.V.Sakthi Rekha, Librarian MSSW, Chennai, spoke on ‘An overview of Online Resources’ especially INFLIBNET. Mr.Kaberulla Syed Riaz, Project Manager, Library Automation, Rapid Radio Solutions, Ahmedabad, said the importance of RFID Technology in the libraries. Faculties, Librarians and Research Scholars from 35 Colleges participated and benefited in this Workshop. Mr. S.Baskar, Chief Executive officer, Linuxpert systems, Chennai delivered the Valedictory address and briefly touched upon digitalization in the libraries and distributed the certificates to the participants